“I’m working hard, but things just aren’t building. I feel my efforts are scattered and not focused. What should I do first?”
That’s a question we’ve all had in our careers.
Usually there is one “bottleneck” in our system, one thing that is not working and it keeps our results from happening.
Ask yourself, where in your system is your “bottleneck”?
1. Finding someone to talk to?
2. Knowing what to say to break the ice?
3. Getting an appointment for a presentation?
4. Giving a presentation?
5. Following up to get them started right?
6. Motivating your new person?
7. Training your new person?
8. Teaching leadership skills?
Everyone is different. We all have a personal barrier holding us back or slowing us down.
Professional networkers quickly identify it and then learn the skills to fix it.
So before you go surfing around to the next page on the Internet, ask yourself:
What is the one thing holding back all of my progress?