Is that the mantra of your struggling distributors?
Here are a few quick ways to change this:
- Get them hot, local leads so they have to talk to someone right away.
- Ask them when they are going to talk to someone and start building their business. Or are they just too busy helping their boss build a big house for his retirement?
- Build their confidence with an inspirational CD.
- Reduce their fear of rejection by teaching them the proper rejection-free scripts for approaching prospects.
- Reduce their fear of rejection by positioning them as messengers of hope, and that they should only talk to the prospects that volunteer and want more hope in their life.
- Motivate their spouse.
- Create a vision by using one of the “Big Al” skills.
- Work with your new distributor to jointly set the first few appointments.
These are just a few ways to jumpstart your new distributor into action.
If we don’t intervene, many distributors have such low self-esteem and confidence that they become professional “javelin catchers.”
One of our jobs as leaders is to develop new distributors to the point where they can lead themselves.